Blog Guidelines for Commenting
Save the Children’s “Voices from the Field” is meant to encourage lively, vital discussion and news delivery. We hope to foster conversation and dialogue about timely global emergencies.
We urge readers to reply to posts, and to each other, through the blog’s comments. Anyone can make a comment by logging in and registering a username and valid e-mail address.
Comments are moderated, and a few basic rules apply in order to maintain an informative atmosphere and one of mutual respect:
• Comments that contain profanities are automatically screened and deleted.
• Comments with 3 or more links are held for moderation (to reduce spam.)
• Comments that misrepresent an official relationship with Save the Children or mislead others about our official statements, are automatically deleted.
• Different points of view are always welcome, but comments that attack an individual will be deleted.
Blog Editorial Guidelines
Truth and Fairness
• Every effort will be made to independently confirm critical information and sources, and to acknowledge what we cannot confirm.
• Copyediting and editorial oversight of blog posts, including photographs, is the responsibility of the editors based in Save the Children USA.
Accountability and Transparency
• Comments from anonymous users will not be posted. Staff who post comments will be fully identified as to their specific job title and location.
That’s all. We hope you will enjoy commenting!